April is Jazz Appreciation Month!
Here are some ways that students can celebrate and get involved:
1) Read Langston Hughes’s “First Book of Jazz”
2) Read a biography about one of your favorite jazz musicians
3) Watch a jazz film, documentary, or performance
4) Listen to jazz music, or a podcast
5) Learn a jazz song*
6) Follow your favorite jazz musician
7) *Check out our original “jazz for kids” songs, “Jazzing Up Learning,” with Renee Collins Georges on our
You Tube Channel: KidzMusiQClubTV!
#jam #jazz #kidzjazz #langstonHughes #rgeorjazz #jazzisalive #singinghousehunter