EXECUTIVE PROTECTION TIPS
The founder of Israeli Tactical School Close Protection program, Tomer Israeli, shares 16 Quick Tips for Executive Protection
1. Stays in the NOW – not distracted by past or future events
2. Always prepared for an immediate and unexpected departure (cars at the ready, available foot-route, clear access to exits).
3. Don’t eat or drink anything in public view, and NEVER eats with principals and/or principal staff, even if invited repeatedly.
Declines artfully and honestly “Being at the same table with you would give me poor positioning for my mission, would not help you, and is absolutely prohibited by my firm. You are gracious, and I am grateful – and also committed to my mission.”
4. Maintains physical and mental readiness especially cardio, hand to hand combat and tactical training. Every year try to attend a serious core practice advance training to jump to the next level with your skills and readiness mind set such as: covert protection (under cover security and counter surveillance), room clearing CQB, vehicle CQB shooting from cars on the move and statically, arrest and control and restraining methods.
5. Does not chew gum while working.
6. Maintains awareness of the environment at all times, even when talking with someone (does not need to look at that person).
7. Keeps coat unbuttoned for quick access to gear at all times.
8. Limits radio communication to information that serves the mission.
9. Does not stand close to other protectors while posted
10. Drives with noticeable slowness while in public view and when media are present.
11. Keeps head up and eyes working during radio communication.
12. Doesn’t sit, lean or slouch, and keeps hands at the ready.
13. Is aware at all times that he/she might be filmed/recorded.
14. Constantly re-evaluates physical position, and improves tactical position if possible.
15. Doubt the good intentions of everyone around you and be prepared and have a plan to kill everybody in the room if needed.
16. Don’t give anyone to get too close to you without proper consideration and don’t give them an option to surprise you from close distance, look what he’s doing with his hands.
Have a successful mission and always watch your brothers 6 o’clock